Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion 150 boom cyl repair…seeking help

kcarson ยท 2013-06-19 05:16

I'm repairing a leaky main boom cyl., and am having trouble bleeding the unit to get the operations back to normal. The cyl. is back in the machine and I can raire the boom ok, but it will not stay up and when I go to lower the boom if I open the valve in the cab all the way it stops the boom from lowering. I think there must be air in the holding valve or something but don't know how to bleed it. Please advise. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1BobCatBob2013-06-19 19:41

    I have the manuals for the A series, though I think you have an FA (Dresser?)....let me know and I'll look for a solution over the weekend (there is a trouble shooting guide).

  2. #2willie592013-06-19 21:46

    That's definitely either a 150F or a 150FA.

  3. #3ayrhead2013-06-28 14:09

    It looks very similar to my Galion 90A

  4. #4ayrhead2013-06-28 14:23

    Here is a picture of our Machine. It has a Detroit Diesel 53 Series Engine in it. I have the manuals for the Engine as well as the Crane which covers Models 80, 90, 100, 110 and 125 Let me know if you want a copy of the manuals. :canada Harry