Does anyone know if there were side shields that covered the engine? Mine looks like there are some things that would/could hold a panel. If so did they have slots to allow air flow? Thanks you for any information. it would really clean up the looks of the old girl.
I think they existed because I've seen pics of them in service manuals. That said, I've not seen any in person in the machines that I've been around. I imagine they would cut down the air flow to the radiator and make morning oil checks a chore. If anyone has any it would be Equipment Salvage in Cambridge Ohio. Good Luck!
Still trying to figure out what engine this has. Supposedly it's a Perkins. Anyone recognize this?
Repower, did you happen to save a record of the serial number for the 503 that you put a 4239 deere in? Mine is wd-c-07427. A guy on agtalk thinks it's a deere like that.
Looks like the waukesha vrd220 is the winner without a doubt!
Razorsedge, I might have a s/n for it but I'll have to find the service manual at my dads house. For some reason he has it, not sure why! The pump drive was off the front of the engine, and was a TB Woods Quadraflex that turned a Prince double gear pump. If he ever pulls the engine, the nickel in the main shaft will tell the year I did it, about 2004 or so.