Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion 503 l throttle cable

Wes Jackson · 2019-09-27 18:28

I need a throttle cable or a part number for the cable,it has an International diesel engine,any help would be appreciated.

Replies12
  1. #1repowerguy2019-09-28 07:10

    Find you an OLD NAPA parts store with a old man behind the counter, push pull cables are listed in their PSA or Balkamp catalog. All you need to know is the length, and end size, and stroke needed.

  2. #2Wes Jackson2019-09-28 16:51

    I will give that a shot, Thanks

  3. #3repowerguy2019-09-28 17:42

    If you need help, I have an old PSA catalog and can give you the P/N if you give me the sizes.

  4. #4Wes Jackson2019-09-29 05:06

    What sizes do you need

  5. #5repowerguy2019-09-29 06:32

    Overall length, diameter of the cable stud [should be 1/4"x28] and stroke, either 3" or 4". Keep in mind that this is a generic push pull, and a little backyard engineering may be necessary.

  6. #6Wes Jackson2019-09-29 18:16

    Got a big shade tree in front of my shop so got the engineering part covered, I will get measurements tomorrow and post here, Thanks for the help

  7. #7repowerguy2019-09-30 07:24

    Here’s a couple of pictures of the catalog. Prices are 20 years old though.

  8. #8repowerguy2019-09-30 07:27

    Here’s another pic.

  9. #9Wes Jackson2019-09-30 13:08

    Thanks

  10. #10repowerguy2019-09-30 18:54

    For some reason, it uploaded the one picture three times and the second didn’t.

  11. #11repowerguy2019-09-30 18:56

    Try again.

  12. #12DIYDAVE2019-09-30 21:04

    Another source for generic control cables, would be Granger...