Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion 503 series L

buggsy · 2021-01-05 08:42

Hi, I've got a 503L and I was wondering about the clutch slipping. Is it suppose to to slip like a soft start. Larry

Replies6
  1. #1repowerguy2021-01-05 13:46

    No it’s meant to bite more than enough to stall the engine. The left pedal is used quite often as a foot rest by too many. The engine needs to come out unfortunately.

  2. #2buggsy2021-01-05 17:12

    I was afraid of that. What's the best source for a new one? Thanks Larry

  3. #3repowerguy2021-01-05 18:27

    I’m afraid that the parts are something that has slid by me, as in I no longer know of a good source to find parts. I seem to think though that a Ford tractor disc was the same? It’s been 25 years or so, but I seem to think that I got one from a local independent tractor parts dealer that he measured up and sold us.

  4. #4Clyde Hathaway2021-01-05 19:28

    Both posters are correct. I overnighted my pressure plate and clutch disc to Kyclutch in Kentucky on a Monday n had them back on a Friday. Cost was less than shipping both ways. My mechanic matched up a new pilot and throw out bearing. Has been done 3 years and is strong. Good luck!

  5. #5buggsy2021-01-06 13:30

    Thanks guys I appreciate the help. Larry

  6. #6Razorsedge20032021-01-11 13:37

    I had mine rebuilt by clutch dynamics in Lansing Michigan not a terrible job