Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion 503G Spool Valve Stem Seals

bigrocker · 2024-03-05 11:21

My OLD Galion 503g grader (serial #1164) is leaking at every control valve stem. I have been unable to find new seals for the stems. I took one spool valve out out and removed the stem seal from the bonnet. It has "F2Y" on the top. There was an O-ring under it that isn't shown in the parts book I have. Book says the part number for the packing is D-37468. The bonnet castings have "835814" on them. The dimensions of the packing/seal are 1" OD and 1/2" ID. Any idea where I can find new packings for these blocks? Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1bigrocker2024-03-13 09:52

    After an exhaustive search, I found seals that seem to work. They are double lip seals which are more appropriate for a rotating shaft versus a reciprocating situation but they are working...for now. AVX Shaft Oil Seal TC 1/2"x 1"x 1/4" Inch Rubber Covered Double Lip​ Hope this helps someone!

  2. #2Keeton2024-04-15 14:12

    Thank You

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-04-15 18:27

    Looks like you have a lot of water in the hyd. fluid.