Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

galion engine identification

jbloom ยท 2015-09-08 01:35

I have a cummins engine with a manufacturer date of March 1965, casted serial number has been ground off, can any one help me identify it please, similar looking to a 855 but the fuel set up is different, the fuel lines go into each individual head

Replies3
  1. #1RMXR2015-09-10 02:02

    What model Galion? If it is a 118C with it's original engine, I would suggest it is a Cummins H743C-135 (2 valves per cylinder, 743 cu. in., construction equipment configuration, 135 hp)

  2. #2jbloom2015-09-10 20:59

    Unsure on the model I'm still unsure on what model the machine is, but as far as the engine I was leaning towards the 743 Cummins, now to try and find parts, I thank you very much for your help and information, the galion is a little out of my comfort zone haha thank you again

  3. #3castirondude2015-09-21 15:54

    I recently bought a Galion 118B with this engine in it. The serial number is on a plate on the timing chain cover. However it doesn't seem to help much, nobody has parts for these engines it seems.