Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion grader weight?

953 428 12 ยท 2012-03-01 18:38

I need the approximate weight of an old galion grader. can not find a tag . Do not know the model #. It has a 12 ft. molboard and a Cummins engine. I need to truck it about 50 miles home. thanks

Replies5
  1. #1goodwin2012-03-01 19:50

    its hard to say without a model, but if you allow for about 12- 14 metric tonnes you should be sweet, good luck with it, if you post some pics someone will tell you the model. Goodwin

  2. #2Super Roel2012-03-02 18:30

    Galion grader weight . I found in a old Galion book a page with the weights of those machine , i hope it is interesting for you .

  3. #3Todd Ostendorf2023-01-30 18:21

    Looking for a weight on a Galion 300 motor grader. If it is consistent with the cart above my guess is 21,000 lbs. Anyone know for sure?

  4. #4FirstEliminator2023-02-03 09:53

    The Galion 118 with a Cummins is around 24,000-25,000 depending on some options. edit----I just realized that was an old post.

  5. #5Entropy12023-02-11 10:42

    This is the Galion that our road association owned - before some idiots made us sell it. It had a 3-71 Detroit diesel, and weighed about 28,000 lbs.