opinion on wheeled excavators What do you think of this type of excavator, what are its strengths and weaknesses? maybe it's too complicated to handle them and too much maintenance? looks like a handyman nothing to do? what do you think?
I have always wanted to try something like this. Seems it could be really handy in some places.
Cat and Komatsu have similar products sold here in the states but they haven't caught on. Weyerhaeuser tried a Cat down in the Raymond area in the early nineties and couldn't keep it going. It was made in Germany and parts supply was a multi week trial each time the machine was down. The state Department of Natural Resources has a M318 working on maintaining forestry roads up in the Skagit River drainage and apparently likes it. It's their second one. The state of Washington used to have a fleet of Drott 40 wheeled excavators for cleaning ditches years ago when I first started in the equipment business. They have been phased out and now can occasionally be seen sitting in the back of a surplus yard or covered in berry briars is some field along a country road. They don't travel fast enough to go down highways and competent operators for them are hard to find.
Do you think it is suitable for municipal maintenance? if you have photos or know brands of similar excavators, I invite you to post photos and provide information, it seems to have similar backhoe performance am I wrong? let me know, thanks https://www.mecalac.com/it/macchina/8mcr.html https://www.mecalac.com/it/macchina/12mtx-1.html https://www.mecalac.com/it/prodotti/escavatori-gommati-mwr.html https://www.mecalac.com/it/macchina/15mc.html https://www.mecalac.com/it/prodotti/terne.html ???