Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gauges

Old Doug ยท 2019-04-16 19:19

I bought a skid steer this summer.I looked at the oil presser gauge it had 40 running. The gauge is down under your knees. One day i was geting in it and looked at the gauge it was stock on 40.I just put a engine 427 in a truck i started it in another truck and it had good presser. I put it in this truck changed the distrbutor.I started it with a push button and looked at the gauge for the first time when it started it was peged but the lifters rattled. The dist shaft is wrong for the pump thank God i didnt run it long. I need 2 new gauges and a new brain to store what i have relearned.

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Bowman2019-04-29 20:54

    Good gages certainly are handy. So far, I have had good luck with the cheap, digital ones on Ebay.

  2. #2Old Doug2019-04-29 21:24

    I dont like the electric ones as good as the mechanical ones if you have a bad ground or something they dont read wright but there better than nothing. I need to put a oil presser gauge in my skid steer but i think i will hold off tell i dont need it so bad.

  3. #3Steve Bowman2019-04-29 21:27

    Well then, you fix the ground. Lol Do you at least have a low pressure warning light that functions? I would hate to run something without any indication at all.