Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gear box removal

averling b ยท 2010-09-14 07:00

I have recently aquired an Averling Barford 99h which I believe is an Austin Weston made under licence in the UK. It has a problem with the hi lo ranges and I am attempting to remove the 3speed gear box to get to the range gears. I have everything undone but the box will only move back about an inch then will move no further. Can any body help?

Replies4
  1. #1powerjoke2010-09-14 10:30

    Have you tried a really big hammer? lol Pj

  2. #2brock382010-09-14 13:31

    The Gear Box and the Transfer Case, have to be removed as one Unit, from the Grader to undue the Nut behind the Transmission Brake Assy,on the Output Shaft,

  3. #3brock382010-09-14 15:55

    There is not enough space to remove the Gear Box from the Transfer Case, with the Complete Assy fitted in the Machine, due to the rear Mounting Plate/ Crossmember clearence ! The Output Shaft of the Gear Box that goes into the Transfer case, there is a Large Nut that holds the Helical Bull Gear onto the shaft, and thats what I remember !

  4. #4averling b2010-09-14 17:11

    Thanks for the reply Brock 38.Any chance i could give you a ring to dicuss the problem? My number is 0268889640. If you called I will call you straight back to save you any expense. Thank you