Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

(Gehl 6635) Can I get the play out of quick-tach attachment assembly?

niterider40 ยท 2017-08-23 18:04

I have a half inch of slop or play on the bucket coming from the quick tach attachment assembly. I cant figure out how to tighten it or maybe it just needs new bushings.. Any info is greatly appreciated

Replies3
  1. #1DIYDAVE2017-08-23 21:19

    If the play is between the QA plate, and the bucket, you can weld shim stock to the bottom ears of the plate, or cut them off, and re-weld them tighter...

  2. #2check2017-08-24 00:21

    Dunno about the Gehl, but I find the slop is usually in the bucket, not the skid steer. A few minutes with a torch and a sledge hammer always fixes it. Depending how the bucket is made, some you have to weld a bead to fill a worn spot in the bottom holes.

  3. #3Swannny2017-08-24 22:42

    If it's lateral slop (side to side between the boom arms), then either take the boom pins out and install shims, or make a couple shims in the shape of horseshoes and weld them together after you shove them down over the pins if you're lazy like I am sometimes.