Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl 6640 – Opinions

big builder ยท 2008-08-27 12:53

Hey everyone, I am zeroing in on a 6640 with pilot controls I thought I would see if anyone can offer opinions on these machines. Anything I might want to know........you know. I seem to get fairly positive feedback generally and their prices are good. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1cat3202008-08-27 13:05

    I have a 4640 and can't realy say anything bad about them I think you get more bang for the buck vs pricing out a similar john deere I have T bar and love it thought i would hate it I think the pilote is nice but never used one before but I wounder if you would have control with as far as it being jumpy going over rough ground. I was talking to my dealer about them and he seamed to like what i have for more presition type work. I know they have improved the cabs and I hope the heater because mine take for ever to get luke warm but I think i got the leamon of the bunch not that I hate it it works great .

  2. #2big builder2008-08-27 13:24

    I have included the ride control in the spec sheet. I hope that smooths out the ride a bit. How many hours on yours?

  3. #3cat3202008-08-27 13:52

    I think it's getting on 300 very low hours i got the suspention seat it got it off the lot

  4. #4big builder2008-08-27 19:05

    On this model the dealer quoted 1500 dollars for the pilot controls and that includes the ride contol too. This price came in 8000 less than the 190 new holland.

  5. #5KSSS2008-08-28 01:13

    You might save the 8K up front but your resale value will be less on the Gehl than the NH.

  6. #6big builder2008-08-28 05:47

    Yes your might be right. We rarely sell equipment though so it's good economics for us. Just doing my due diligence on their reputation right now.

  7. #7cat3202008-08-28 07:38

    Gehl has come a long way they are not the farm machines everyone thinks they are .