Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl 7810 115 hp Perkins.

[email protected] · 2022-10-27 18:52

I'm checking the fuel system because I believe I have an injection pump issue. The spec for the lift pump is 13.5v 0bar 140L/H I've put a gauge in line to the injection pump from the lift pump output and only have about 3 maybe 4 psi just with the key on. Start the engine and it's at about 2 psi The engine runs good but the timing seems advanced and it sounds like an old tractor. Also the temp light comes on after about 4 seconds indicating and electrical fault. After checking all sensor and wiring, I thing the fault is in the injection pump. This Machine is a pita Already replaced 1 injection pump and it has been good for years, but lots of problems. Any help is much appreciated. How much fuel pressure should the be on that gauge?

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2022-10-28 12:08

    U have to b more specific.. What kind of pump is it.?? A picture is worth a thousand words.. I’m thinking 5psi would be minimum.. In your case the advance would be retarded and clacking..

  2. #2[email protected]2022-10-28 13:12

    Thank you for the reply. It's on a 1104 perkins with a bosch vp30 injection pump 2644N204 Pics of the lift pump are attached. I have approx. ½ L. flow every 15 sec. Which would equate to about 140L/H Just that there is not much pressure. In most case I've worked with the low side is 8-10 psi I'm at 4 ish but definitely not 5

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-10-28 14:04

    VP pumps require 12 psi minimum.. If u don’t change that out quickly, the inj pump will eat itself up trying to pull fuel from the tank..

  4. #4[email protected]2022-10-28 14:52

    Where did you find the data on the VP injection pump. I looked everywhere for that.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2022-10-28 14:59

    Last time I sold a reman, the information was on a brite orange tag in the box stating, no warranty will be given unless the supply pump is replaced at the same time the inj pump is..& the minimum pressure required was X.. They now sell aftermarket pressure indicators that hook up to your supply pump and feed thru a line into the cab.. so U KNOW when the pressure drops..fwiw

  6. #6[email protected]2022-10-28 15:01

    Found it, thanks for that