Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl 883 Dynalift wont start

backyardmech ยท 2017-02-14 18:18

Hi guys new here but here's my problem. I parked this forklift for 4 years and decided to get it running again so I had to change the ignition and followed schematic that I found online and then had to change the starter solenoid. I drained the old fuel and put in 15 gallons of new fuel and changed a dry rotted fuel line from the tank to the primer pump. Removed the fuel filter and cleaned then filled it with fuel and set it back on. Used the lever on the priming pumps and finished priming it then cranked it over, I bled the injectors as I was doing it until fuel was shooting out. It was cranking and at points sounded like it was going to start but just could not get there. The exhaust blew out a mouse nest and black smoke then after that, the exhaust manifold was getting warm but no luck. This has a John Deere 4239TF motor are there any sensors with the oil, also read to pull the exhaust as it might be clogged creating back pressure. Any tips would be greatly appreciated it. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1Bls repair2017-03-04 19:40

    Check air filters .Black smoke is a sign of air lack of air . If you had critters in exhaust ,good possibility in air intake also