Machine is a Gehl CTL 60 year 2004, same as a Takeuchi TL130. Has the Yanmar 4TNE98 engine. Just purchased it, good buy. I lifted the cab the first time today and forgot to unplug the wire connector from the cab to the machine. The wires pulled out of the connector on the machine side. Lowered the cab. I made a new connector and wired the blue to blue, white to white, red to red and black to black wires. Tried to start the machine several times each time the machine starts and after 5 seconds the engine stops. On the control panel the top warning lite come on and the dual-purpose warning light for oil pressure/coolant comes on. Before I pulled the wires out of the connector the machine ran. Any suggestions on what to look for?
I don't recall having to unplug anything to lift the cab.
this machine does, factory wiring, it is a 2004 model.
This is page showing the electrical relays for the CTL 60, hopefully it will help get some comments as to what to try fixing the machine.
The four wire connector I pulled apart are for the windshield wiper nob and the door closer door switch that disengage the controls until the door is closed. nothing else. I do not understand how pulling that connector apart could cause this problem.
Likely a coincidence. I would start with the coolant level sensor. You can ground the wire to bypass that sensor
I forgot, early units had swing out windshields. I had one of those. And, yes, that harness/ plug assembly will NOT cause that symptom (5 second run time). Verifying coolant level (or bypassing the coolant level sensor) is the starting point (as said above). If you've never resoldered, or replaced, the triple relays on that machine, they are suspect next (K & L in above image). On a whim, kick the relay panel, then retry.
Thank you for replying. What do you mean when you typed resoder the relays K & L? Did you have to replace relays K & L to make the machine work? Wondering how you found out that was the problem? Is there a trouble shooting manual for these machines? What all did you look at when you fixed your machine that would eliminate a lot of wasted time on my part not looking at items that you found did fix the problem. Thank you.
Well it is working. I switched the two relays K & L and its working. I ordered a new relay to replace the bad one. I would never have figured this problem out with out the help of you people on this forum. Greatly appreciate all the suggestions.
Here HeavyEquipmentForums
Do you know if any of the relays by the operators feet affect the air conditioner. They affect more then what is printed on the page. The A/C is not working, I can hot wire the fan on the A/c radiator and make the fan work. There is some A/C coolant in the system. Did you have trouble with your machines A/C if yes how was it fixed?
The AC is, more or less, an add on afterthought. Do both blower motors work? Does condenser fan work? Does blue light in compressor switch work? Your description isn't clear enough.
We hot wired the blower motors on the A/C radiator in the right rear compartment they worked with direct wiring. The fan in the unit behind the seat works. There is some a/c coolant in the system, opened the system up a little heard the hiss of coolant escaping. The condenser is working its turning. What blue light in compressor switch, I know nothing of this blue light where is it located?. Is there a relay that could be bad like the one above, these relays are used for so many things. Thank you for replying greatly appreciated.
Key on. Blower switch in any position but OFF. Depress blue AC button. Condenser fan should run. If not, power supply is suspect, at least from AC button, which, when new, backlights in BLUE when on. Condenser fan circuit doesn't care if refrigerant is even present.
A big thank you!
what do you mean by depress the blue a/c button. I do not know of a blue button in the cab. The open hole is the temperature control nob, hot or cold. The switch for the heat/A/C & off control is above it and It has only two wires on it. What machine make,model,year, is the drawing for.
The TL130 parts manual I have shows blue AC button. Regardless of switch style, with blower ON any speed, and AC knob turned ON, the condenser fan should run. The condenser fan circuit does look at operating pressures, just the blower and AC knobs. As for the schematic source, it is from a TL10, and is the same as the TL150 machines I had.