Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl RT175 tracked skid-steer or CTL?

245dlc ยท 2020-06-30 23:31

Hi I'm looking at buying my first machine and a have seen a number of these Gehl machines for sale some with not a lot of hours. I understand these are the first in house designed CTL's for Gehl/Mustang are there any issues with them that I should be concerned with? I think much of the work I'll be chasing is dirt moving or in our case mud and snow removal in the winter. I might also get a bush hog style mower for some light to medium mowing/ mulching.

Replies9
  1. #1245dlc2020-07-06 09:05

    Wow nobody has any experience with Gehl/Mustang CTL's?

  2. #2B_Campbell2020-07-06 21:08

    I have a 2017 rt210. Has been a great machine so far with no major repairs to speak of. Couple odd sensors here and there, but I have come to realize that with modern equipment and all the electronics on them you are bound to have that with any brand. The 210 has very much impressed me with its power and traction. Had a bobcat t190 and a new Holland c185 before the Gehl and I prefer the Gehl over both of those.

  3. #3245dlc2020-07-07 01:31

    Ok thanks for your response time will tell what I will acquire in the next little while.

  4. #4Mark132020-07-09 19:38

    I've spent some time in one of the early RT210 machines, it made it to about 500hrs before the owner gave up on it and traded it off. In that time it had turbo problems, and broke both lift cylinders (at seperate times), also had power quick attach gremlins. I think the newer ones are better but the early ones sure didn't leave a good impression compared to the Takeuchi built machines.

  5. #5245dlc2020-07-10 22:50

    That's odd as far as the engine goes aren't they powered by Yanmar? Guess I'll stay away from the older ones.

  6. #6Joe Fick2020-07-11 08:08

    I've ran ghel. Theyre just bulky underpowered n electrical issue. Yes they have yamnar engines n not sure why it's weak n underpowered. My 333g Deere has a yamnar engine n it's a freaking beast

  7. #7Mark132020-07-11 17:47

    I believe it was Yanmar powered, both of my machines have Yanmar engines but I think the Gehl at the farm was just one problem after another weather it was a Gehl component or 3rd party.

  8. #8245dlc2020-07-11 18:08

    Ok that might explain why I've seen so many for sale with very few hours and cheap prices. Too bad they didn't get some advice or training on to build a CTL from Takeuchi.

  9. #9apetad2020-08-20 19:35

    In Gehl you want gen 2 or gen 3, Vastly improved 22 areas, In Mustang NXT2 or NXT3 same improvements. FYI all are switching from electronic drive to pilot controls now. But that means 2019 or newer