Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl Tandem drive pumps – leaking oil between them

Swannny · 2014-12-26 18:50

So I've got a leak between these two tandem Eaton drive pumps, even when sitting it seeps, so I took them apart and checked shaft play on both and have none that I can determine. O ring was there, maybe was a little hard, but not distorted. Where they join there are matching holes for oil to pass from one to another, so does anyone else think that I may just have a simple O ring sealing problem? No funny stuff going on with machine driving that I can tell. Would hate to put it back together with a new O ring, only to find out it's an internal pressure issue or something.

Replies2
  1. #1Swannny2015-01-08 18:09

    Ended up being a simple O ring replacement between the two pumps. I really dislike hydro leaks!

  2. #2Turo872024-09-10 04:49

    Hi. Just found this form I know it’s old. I’m having the same issues with my skid steer it’s a rt210. Do you have a part number? I know it’s been awhile since you posted this.