I Purchased 2001 Gehl DL6-40 Telehandler and can’t figure out what the button on the end of gear shift does. I’ve downloaded the operating manual and it says nothing about that button.
Well on a jcb it's the horn button.
It’s not on Gehl it has a horn button on the wheel. I’m having trouble with transmission slipping. I thought the button might be some sort of a Clutch cut out switch but there is a Clutch cut out switch on dash. When I put it in gear it works fine for a minute but is soon as I stop and try to accelerate again the machine hardly moves. Any suggestions?
With the clutch cutout switch on, it disengages the trans everytime you press the brake, right? Could the brake pedal switch be sticking? That button on the end of the gear selector could be nothing. Perhaps it's just a universal gear selector and it's not wired for anything on your machine.
Yes I believe that’s how the clutch cut out works. I’ll take a look at brake pedal switch. Thxs for the suggestion
Check the fluid level too. Low fluid can cause what you described.
It’s full.
Had a old Gehl do that to me...what does the transmission display say??...should be a digital transmission display used to protect transmission if low voltage issue occurs..more than likely bad shifter...the little rubber type button thing on the end of gear select is nothing...it’s a generic type shifter..if trans fluid looks clean you can check transmission main pressure but I’m sure it’s running a Dana T12000..pretty strong used to rebuild them for Palmer Johnson
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The problem turned out to be transmission was low on fluid. The dipstick was reading full but trans was still low on fluid. Some one prior to me put a used dipstick on machine that was not the right one. Lesson learned. The button on the end of the shifter does nothing it’s a generic shifter. Thanks again for all the suggestions!