Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl tracked skid steers.

farmerleach ยท 2010-11-19 13:13

You'll have to excuse me here, but I am looking for a CTL for around the farm. I was looking at a Gehl CTL85, and it really looks like a Takeuchi TL250. Are they the same machine? The only reason I would go with a Gehl over the Takeuchi is that I am dealing on a couple of other pieces of equipment at the dealership that sells Gehl, and my be able to get a better deal because I am buying multiple units from that dealer. Thanks guys

Replies7
  1. #1equipmentguy2010-11-19 13:29

    Tak Takeuchi builds it for Geihl

  2. #2dave esterns2010-11-19 15:58

    takeuchi also makes mustangs ctls, which is awesome. that would be sweet if takeuchi released a skid steer with a vertical lift boom.

  3. #3equipmentguy2010-11-19 16:16

    The way the arms are designed they are with in a few inches of being vertical

  4. #4farmerleach2010-11-19 18:44

    Thanks a lot for the information guys.

  5. #5dave esterns2010-11-19 21:28

    well the boom arm design really has no effect on the radius of the lift path on a single pivot loader arm design. it is no different than having a straight arm to the bucket pins from the towers. the angle in the arm just allows for less stress load on the entire arm by allowing the frame of the machine to take some of the load when digging with the loader arms all the way down. the only way to get more reach is to raise the towers more. case has the highest pivot point when relative to machine size that i have noticed. unless you have a scissors style boom like nh and deere that reach beyond vertical, a few inches is all you gain by vertical lift (i believe its between 4 and 6 inches), which makes all the difference.

  6. #6KSSS2010-11-20 17:05

    I agree that if you load trucks reach is important I have both a Vertical and Radial lift machine. The Radial has the VTS system which puts the front roller further forward than what the wheels would be. Having less reach plus the tracks make for interesting truck loading. The vertical machine dumps right to the center of a truck no issues.

  7. #7Deeretime2010-11-20 21:50

    I have a CTL 80 gehl and it started out as a good machine , but over time it has fallen apart and i have got little factory suport from gehl and it only has 1200 hrs. They are a powerhouse and will out push anything else and i have never been unable to sucsessfuly load trucks