I've been with my new employer for 10 weeks, and I've had to replace 7 (seven) pressure switches in the GEITH coupler circuits. They have been mainly on Kobelco machines, but also volvo and komatsu. The failure is either the little rubber plug being displaced in the deutsch body, or the entire end dislodging. Other issues are the retarded plastic controller box that is unserviceable AND has crappy little, err, lugs on the back to engage a crappy little plastic mount. This flimsiness is exaggerated by the stiffness and large diameter of the permanently affixed harness. The supplied install instructions are way out of date, too, as they have changed suppliers for the plumbing kit. Want a boom manifold like in the instructions, call Geith and buy one, right? Nope, don't sell that anymore. Call HCT and buy one, right? Nope, HCT engineered all the early Geith kits, and then Geith said, "thanks for the help, but we're gonna use your engineering through another supplier". So, as soon as I said Geith, I was told that HCT cannot and will not supply components for a Geith coupler, especially for a new install (I'm installing on a TB260.) So, call Werk-brau, get the HCT engineered Geith part thru the local Komatsu dealer. Nothing at Geith ever seemed that retarded or moronic when Mick and Sean were there.
Just replaced another failed pressure sensor on a Geith, on an SK300.
That's a shame. Geith made a good coupler. And yes, I remember the install kit being supplied by HCT out of Georgia. JRB has a very good track record and uses a very simple installation kit. Maybe you could reach out to them and bastardize one of their kits. Provided the plumbing is the same and it doesn't rely on pilot oil.
The bastardization is what I'm trying to avoid. Bypassing the switch is also not high on my list, as I don't wish to shift liability to me, even though it was never on any of my earlier Geith couplers.
I don't think I've ever seen a pressure switch or sensor on a coupler kit. Just solenoids
Me neither, and I've got quite a bit of experience with quick couplers, too. I've had load check valves stuck, cylinders footballed, cylinder cam mounts sheared, fixed jaw failure, solenoid seal extrusion, solenoid screens sucked into solenoid stem, OEM coupler hose failure on less than 200 hour machines, safety latches that need trimmed on mulitigrab couplers for certain compatibility, broken or missing springs, and I could go on...