Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

general motors diesel model 4057-C

jay6ird ยท 2014-01-14 15:40

Anyone know much about these? I would like to find a website that shows exploded views and a parts list. I have one running a hydraulic pump . Unit # 4A-95127 . Any info on this engine would be great!! Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2014-01-14 18:02

    I'm thinking that is a 4-71 Detroit Diesel. If that is what it is you could check out and maybe join the Yahoo Group: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DetroitDiesel/ ;

  2. #2kshansen2014-01-15 05:32

    I posted the information on your engine to the Detroit Diesel site I suggested and got a confirmation that what you have is indeed a 4-71 Detroit Diesel and also was told that it is of 1963 vintage. The Yahoo Group I posted the link to should have all the information you need.

  3. #3jay6ird2014-01-15 09:44

    Thank you I will check it out.. I had no idea the motor was a two stroke...

  4. #4kshansen2014-01-15 14:04

    Any chance you could post a picture or two?