First off just wanna say whats up to everyone on the board, newbie here. I'm 26 about to turn 27 in a month and live in central jersey. I've been in the construction biz since i was 7 goin to work with my father every summer. I have been trying to find out what salary to ask for when i go in for a promotion in a few days or so. I have been checking everywhere and it seems to vary soo much. Any General/Pipe foreman care to help me out a bit, NJ area??
Welcome to HEF Little! :drinkup
$1000 per week, truck and fuel card
I'm an operator and i make more than $1,000 a week, and have a truck and fuel card :beatsme
I'm an operator and I make more than $1,000 a week, and have a truck and fuel card
It was a start for him.
I know our company pays 30$hr for Pipelayers and first year crew foreman, and pay goes way up from there for the foreman every year. They also get company trucks, on site fuel, espense accounts for pizza lunches and company credit cards. Operators.... well we get pizza lunches....lol
Wow the south doesn't do it like that, especially in the beginning.
Don't be too suprised Renfroe. Payscales up north will always be higher than in the south, on average. On the other side of the coin, the north has a higher cost of living than the south, on average. On top of that, Burnout is in Alberta and we know that's where the money is at. Payscales are largely based on the cost of living in a particular region. If I moved north I could probably attain $30/hr but my cost of living would be higher too so I would end up breaking even in the end.
I was the "tail man" on a pipe laying crew back in the mid 80's. I made $9.00/hr laying PVC force main sewer lines. 12 hrs/day, 6 days/week in the sweltering heat of south Louisiana. I felt like a rich man because I was too tired to spend any of the money. I realize this in completely unhelpful. Thanks for indulging my efforts move beyond the probationary status.
Well, I'm up north, and I am a Truck driver/operator/laborer/foreman/grade checker/welder/mechanic/janitor/snow plow operator/sand truck driver....I get a truck and fuel but no where near $30 / hr. I do have retirement, health insurance and a pile of overtime. Oh well, I'm happy and the farthest I ever have to travel is 10 miles!
My labor foremen make the union rate which is $26 an hour plus an extra $2 an hour, 40 hour guarentee health, pension, annuity, a truck and a fuel card. I have a few operators I give trucks to with fuel cards. This is for the Boston area. The majority of my work is water and sewer work.
Great numbers. I think I'm in the wrong business. . .or the wrong place.
that makes two of us i pay 18 hr, truck ,card and guarentee 40 here in iowa do anything that comes our way but try to do more pipe and demo than anything
any public project in the South Bend Area of Indiana is prevailing wage. Operators now make $52.00+ per hour. Laborers are about 30 per hour
I need a to find a new company to work for:Banghead
I have buddies that work in different excavating companies and wages are from $17 to $24 an hour and a work truck to take home
We must be cheap in Maine , but I pay operators $15-18 per hour with no benefits. They also have a pick up to take home.
"Conservative" sounds better, don't it DigDug?:beatsme
I get $25 with benefits, 401k, vacation, and a nice truck and fuel card. I average 50 hours a week