New to forum. I have a question on machine types for certain jobs. I am looking at an older Case 850 with clamshell bucket. My question is, for loading, grading, moving stone, gravel and other construction material, would a rubber track machine be better or do metal track loader do a better job. I have equipment to move either type of machine. had an ASV rcv track loader, but never operated a larger track machine. any input would be appreciated.
It will be slower, eat more fuel, but be way more powerful than any ctl. just depends on your needs
In most cases rubber tracks are more ground friendly than metal metal will really chew up the ground but also are more powerful. They chew up pavement rubber doesn't as much.
I used to tear out and down things, metal for sure!
No right or wrong answer, depends completely on what type and size jobs you have for the equipment. Maybe more important is the type of material ie..Shale, clay , rock, mud. ...... and how much. If you are moving 200 to 400 cubic yards a day, you need a bigger machine. If your only digging, loading, spreading 100 cubic yards a day then use the compact equipment. Much easier to maintain and mobilize. I have almost one of every type of equipment, small jobs I need my compacts. When we work commercial jobs I absolutely need the bigger equipment.