Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Generic Bill of Sale …. where can I find? What should it include?

DPForumDog ยท 2019-02-25 10:05

Does anyone know of a generic bill of sale for heavy machinery that is free. I was hoping I could print or download one. Maybe someone has already shared one on this site? I know it should include serial number and the declaration it is free of liens. Thanks Granny DP DPForumDog

Replies6
  1. #1fast_st2019-02-25 10:31

    A quick search for bill of sale comes back with a lot of hits, but yeah, you want buyer and seller legal name and address, equipment description, hours etc, engine serial, chassis serial, optional attachments included +serials title declaration is good and if the seller is a business, include the name of the agent of the busines, person who's making the deal.

  2. #2John C.2019-02-25 10:48

    Make sure it says "As Is, Where Is" unless you intend to put a warranty on it and or ship it somewhere.

  3. #3DMiller2019-02-25 11:04

    Or end up in court if the new owner decides got taken regardless if was or not.

  4. #4mowingman2019-02-25 12:25

    State: "No warranty expressed or implied", in addition to everything else mentioned above.

  5. #5DIYDAVE2019-02-25 20:10

    OR, in legalese, As is, where is with all faults therein contained...

  6. #6Welder Dave2019-02-26 01:34

    It should say free of all liens and encumbrances. You can likely go to the a (vehicle) registration office and they will have bill of sale forms. Shouldn't be hard to adapt it for heavy equipment.