I have a genie 1930 that was working fine and then lost all power. Nothing works now or lights up. I have 24volts through the fuse, I have 14 volts at the 7amp circuit breaker and the key. Zero voltage at the B+ and B- motor controller. I really don’t know what to check to narrow down where the issue is
Check your estop buttons. Wires are known to come out. Also there at the motor controller there's a 200amp fuse.
The e stop on the platform is good and has power both sides. I’ll check the control box button. The fuse at the batteries is good. I can’t find a fuse at the motor controller?
That's the fuse that I am telling you about. I work on so many things that I get it all mixed up.
I hear ya, I checked the e stop on the platform control and it’s good too
What is the serial number of your machine? I can help you better if I knew which 1930 you have.
I’ll have to look in the morning, only thing on my invoice is serial #98663
Is the charger plugged in?
Charger works, batteries are full, charger is unplugged and 24vdc is going through the main fuse
You have a manual? Go to genies site and get service manual. https://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/1MainSMIndex.htm
Hi it is GS3009B098863
Yes I do thanks
I do not have power going through this black box where the 2 positive cables attach. Top has 25volts and the bottom has 1.5volts
Is that the relay that turns on the hydraulic pump? Do you have lights on the control? Hear any clicks when trying functions?
I’m not sure what it is, my schematic doesn’t show it. I have nothing, no clicks, no lights
Correction, the top is positive and the bottom is negative. I don’t see why the bottom would be negative?
Bottom is red. I doubt it's negative
I don't see it in the schematics either. If I had to guess that is a contactor relay. Basically when you power up with the key it makes contact and connects the batteries. It's kinda like a battery disconnect. One side should come from the battery and the other should go to the motor controller. That is probably where your problem is. Check all the wires on this contactor.
Or it is a solenoid for the hydraulic pump when you move the controls.
Hard to know. I can only see two of the wires. And even if I can see the others I won't be able to tell where they are coming from. Genie is always leaving stuff out of the schematic.
I Agree that I don’t think it should be negative either, both little wires going to it are both ground as well according to my multimeter
It is some type of relay with the white wire being the signal wire. It could be an primary ignition, hydraulic motor...………….follow the red wires and see where they go.
You're reading ground through the motor I bet. Jumper that solenoid and I bet the hydraulic pump comes on. But I don't think that's your problem. I'd be looking at the charging circuit, because if you plug in the charger, the machine is disabled.
They go to the motor controller
Sparks fly when I do that, short to ground. I don’t have those option wires hooked up that disable the machine when charging but I’ll still try and isolate the charger
Ok so I found some wires on the platform to main harness plug, fixed those now I get a 01 and a 02 code on the platform control. I tested continuity from the platform control right down to the ecm and all 5 wires tested fine. Ecm shot?
Okay.... back probe the wires at the ecm connector B1&C1 they are a orange and a blue wire. You should get a reading of 60 ohms. If you get a reading of 120 then unplug the platform controller and ohm the same wires. If you get a reading of 120 ohms then your platform controller is good. If you get OL then it's bad. If the controller test good then unplug the ecm and perform a resistance check where wires B1&C1 plug in at the ecm. Again you should see 120 ohms. These are terminated resistors in the controller and ecm when both are good and the circuit is complete you will read 60 ohms resistance. Good luck to you and I hope that this will help.
Thanks! Hopefully I understood this correctly. I probed the back of the wires and I get 120ohm. I disconnected the platform and still 120. I unplug the ecm and test the 2 pins and get 120
Okay with the ecm unplugged test the wires B1&C1 at the harness while the platform controller is plugged in. This will test the platform controller. You will want to see 120 ohms. if you get a reading of 120 ohms then your platform controller is good. If you got a reading of 120 ohms at the ecm then your ecm is good. if both the ecm and platform controller test good then you will need to recheck the harness from platform all the way down to the ecm. This is a canbus circuit any repairs like butt splices can screw it up. With everything plugged in and a good harness you will want to see 60 ohms.
If I unplug the ecm and probe the wires I get OL, if I test the pins on the ecm I get 120ohms. Platform controller is NFG?
Its looking like that's your problem. Now open up the platform controller and test the orange and blue wires at the circuit board. If you get ol then that's your problem. If you get 120 ohms then you have a problem in the harness somewhere.
I get 120ohm at the circuit board between the orange and blue wires but not at the harness where it plugs into the ecm. However my blue wire goes to A2 on the ecm harness and the orange to C1. If I test both those at the plug I get 120ohms On mine the black wire goes to B1
I’m very confused now. I have orange on C1 which seems to be correct. White on C2 which should be red. Black on B1 which should be blue. Blue on A2 which should be white.
You are right. I looked at the schematics again and B1&C1 are black and orange. And will be black and orange at the platform controller. Run your test again. If you get 120 at the black and orange wires at platform your controller is good. With the ecm unplugged and the platform controller plugged in. Test B1&C1 if you don't get 120 ohms then the wires from that point to the platform are bad somewhere.
I am thinking that the ecm pin out page is wrong.
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it! I get OL at the black and orange wires on the platform controller with the ecm unhooked. On the ecm I have 120ohm between c1 and B1
Glad to help. Sounds like you found your problem.
I hope so. Any reason I can’t just replace the circuit board? Something like this ? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172602495812
You should be able to just get a circuit board.
Perfect thanks again
Did it resolve the issue??
Yes it’s been working flawlessly since