Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie 1930 lifting issue

Goodwin93 · 2019-10-18 00:53

I have a gs1930 at work that’s giving us some trouble. It will not lift more than 2 or 3 feet with weight on platform while using the platform controls. It will lift from ground controls. I’ve already swapped control boxes, no luck. Pressure tested the system and got about 3200psi at the lift relief. Tried plugging the control box directly into the connection that is at the base, bypassing the harness that leads up the scissor thinking there might be an issue in that stretch. No luck there either. Machine has 4 new batteries, new hydro. filter and fluid is full. Thinking somewhere between the plug for the control box harness at the base and the motor is the issue... maybe? Any ideas what to look for, or maybe where to look?

Replies5
  1. #1BigWrench552019-10-18 08:12

    Are you saying that the unit will lift from the ground controls with weight and not the platform? Because that doesn't make any sense. Both controls operate the same solenoid. It sounds more likely to me that the cylinder packing is bad. Post a serial number and I could possibly be of more help. Also you can go to genie website and get the service manual.

  2. #2Goodwin932019-10-18 11:17

    That’s exactly what I’m saying. With someone on the platform it will not lift while using the control box however it will while using the ground controls. Without someone on the platform it will lift just fine. I’ve checked pressures and there within spec per the genie service manual. S/N is GS30P-166456

  3. #3BigWrench552019-10-18 22:16

    Good evening Goodwin93, I have been glancing over the service manual and haven't found a obvious reason to your problem. I was just checking to see if you get any codes or have you checked anything else today?

  4. #4Goodwin932019-10-19 19:31

    No codes. Nothing really unusual with the machine at all. Didn’t get a chance to work on it Friday. Should be back on it Monday. Going to call genie and listen to their on hold music for an hour and see if they have any ideas. Will update when I find the problem.

  5. #5Goodwin932019-10-21 21:34

    Was looking over the wiring diagram and noticed that the platform control box runs through the ground control box. Had a another identical scissor in the yard so I swapped ground control boxes and everything worked fine. Ordered a new control box.