I have a 2002 Genie 34/19 that does not power up. Turn on key and no lights or anything. Batteries are good and charged. Has 24V power through from batteries till lower control box connector circuit board. The emergency switch work fine. Connections from connector board to control board all seem good. Any ideas? Is there any way to test the connector board? I don't want to spend $1000 on a new board only to find the problem still exists. It looks like the boards are all the upgraded blue ones as the whole board is blue. Connector board says part #76834.
Welcome! Is the serial number of this machine T3499-3 by any chance?
No. It is T3402-372. I purchased it last Aug. from a private seller in Swift Current.
That's good. I'm in your area and everyone I know has had a go at fixing T3499-3 (same symptoms) without success. It was sold at an auction last summer. I was afraid it had resurfaced. Have you downloaded the manuals from the Genie website yet? They have some good troubleshooting info & flow charts in there.
Gotcha. Nope different unit. LOL. Hopefully I will have some success fixing it. The problem just appeared while it was sitting over Christmas for a few weeks. Left it with fully charged batteries. The batteries barely needed charging last week when I went to use it. Turned the key on and nothing. I do have the downloaded service manual that has some wiring schematics and troubleshooting info so will try some of that to see what I can figure out. There is a whole strip of pins on the one board that appear to be for testing. I am hoping to avoid replacing the circuit board as that will be costly. What were some of the things others tried on your unit?
all it takes is one sensor not reading properly and it shuts down. There is an LED trouble code display panel on the ground control box. Does yours read anything?
No display at all. No battery level lights. No horn. Absolutely nothing comes on or happens when the key turned on. I have confirmed 24V power from the batteries through 275A fuse through motor controller through 5A breaker in the lower control box and up to the connector circuit board in the lower control box. Its like something is not letting power through. Might be a broken solder joint on the board or a loose or broken wire between the connector board and control board. Checked both the emergency stop and key switches with a continuity tester and they seem to be OK. Am going to do some power tracing with the multimeter tonight to see if there is power getting to those switches and a few other places.
Finally figured it out. It was the cable from the end of the jib to the basket control. One of the lines to the e-stop button had a break somewhere. Added a jumper line along side for now and it is working fine. Just need to buy the 6 conductor line to replace it permenantly.
Good find. Well done.