Does anyone know why this lift won't let me swing to the right and won't let the platform rotate to the right from the basket but all the functions work from the ground controls? I hear the motor bog down when I try to swing to the right but doesn't have any response when I try to rotate the platform to the right
It sounds like a faulty solenoid. Try swapping the left / right solenoid and see if the problem follows. if it does, the problem is electrical, if it does not, the problem is hydraulic.
I don't think it will be the solenoid if it is working from the power unit control. I'd bet it's a problem with the signal from the basket switch. Without a schematic to reference it's tough to give you direction on where the trouble may be, I would start by comparing the power unit switch to the basket and start tracing circuits. From what you describe I'd bet there's a brake on the turntable that isn't releasing from the basket switch.
Just dealt with this a few weeks ago. Machine would do everything but turntable swing. Swapped joysticks, made no difference. Ended up being the circuit board in the basket control box. If yours in new enough..(this was a 2005). There is a row of green leds at the top of the board. Each led will light doing a function. Ours would not light trying to swing. Genie has manuals on their site that anyone can access.
Having same problem. Booms left just fine. Bogs motor when trying to boom right. Switched wires on boom Sol. and when control is pushed left it then swings right. Works good on ground controls. Any Ideas?
I have a JLG 40H the drives forward and reverse and the main boom raise doesn't work hydraulic pump is working all other functions work doesn't matter ground controls or basket controls neither work any suggestions?
This is very useful information, thank you so much to provide the ground controls think about your unique suggestions.