Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie fuel cutout relay (5 pin) problem

gatorsby7 ยท 2020-01-05 16:48

1995 Genie Z45/22 Serial # Z-45-002312 LSG423 Ford Industrial dual fuel Gas/LPG, with carb and DIS ignition caveat: I am not original owner, possibly some creative wiring done in control box. I bought the machine in a salvage, non-running state. in order to get my machine stay running, i've had to run 12v directly from battery to anti-diesel solenoid. (fyi, i didn't run power to the electric fuel pump because right now i am running machine from a little gravity fed tank while i clean the real gas tank). With Gas selected on Fuel Select switch and Key On, i have 12v at TB38. At fuel cutout relay (CR6), i have 12v at Pin 30. I am not seeing any voltage at Pin 86. It looks like two Green/Y wires go to Pin 86. It seems Green/Y are ground wires on this machine. Maybe I'm not understanding how the 5 pin relay works. I checked the fuel cutout relay for LPG (CR7) and it seems to operate exactly the same. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this.

Replies3
  1. #1gatorsby72020-01-06 08:35

    as i've thought about this problem a little more, I'm wondering if it has something to do with wiring at KEY switch for ground/platform and/or wiring at STOP switch. There's also a loose wire, which I haven't chased yet. Here's some pics.

  2. #2gatorsby72020-01-06 12:54

    there is a broken diode laying in the bottom of the control panel. I'm now wondering if that loose wire should have a diode on the end of it and connect to key switch? anyone got an old Z45/22?

  3. #3gatorsby72020-01-06 14:44

    after realizing the loose white wire went to TB23 (keyswitch power), I connected it to the key switch on the same wire/post that powered control panel side. that fixed the problem with having to jump the anti-diesel solenoid, however it may have created a new problem. I can kill engine with control panel STOP, but platform STOP does not kill engine.