Hi hope someone can help me, I have the above scissors lifts and it was struggling to lift, fitted new filter and changed the oil, this made it worse and it would not lift at all, changed the lift solenoid after finding damaged "O" rings and the valve had very little travel, new valve and seals fitted but still the same, carried out the following checks, liquid filled 5000psi gauge fitted and have set the system relief and up relief to app 1800psi, when I try to go up the steering goes fully left, when I go forward and try to steer it goes right {controllable} but won't go left, removed all solenoids and valves and all seals looked to be OK after finding a small piece of seal stuck in the in the check valve on the return line. still no lift, removed manifold block and cleaned - only strange thing I found was a plug fitted at the back of the manifold for the steering circuit, removed plug and there was a hex shaped part with a slot at one side, there was a port / fluid channel where this was, refitted it with the slot nearest the blanking plug and the hex part was still loose when i tightened the plug, don't know if it is supposed to be some kind of none return valve ?. To me it looks like my lift solenoid is passing hydraulic fluid into the steering circuit and then loosing pressure through the steering relief path, don't know how to prove this or how to go about fixing this ?. I have also checked the solenoid coils resistance which were all OK except the lift coil which was 18 instead of 25oms, moved that coil onto the drive coil and put the drive coil onto the lift, still no change. Was going to check wiring from the coils but can't find connector J2. I am now lost on where I should go from here, any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated
Wild thought but could some wires have shorted together, and multiple coils are activating? Or a ground get disconnected and the other positive wires tied in could be acting as ground and energizing multiple solenoids?
Well skata you could be close there, I found that I was getting 15.7vdc on the output side of the contactor even though the feed side was 25v, also found that there was no supply voltage to the contactor to energize it, I have not been able to find a schematic for the GS-1932, the one here as a bank of relays, i also found that there was no supply to the charger, I was told that the charger had not worked for some time, finding it hard to know what or how terminals 1 & 3 should be wired at the motor controller, starting to pull out what's left of my hair,,,,
You can download genie manuals from their website. Have you looked at those manuals for schematics?
Ye I did do but the schematic I required was not there, did contact Genie though and they sent me some, not exactly right but did help, Well I got it working today after swapping the up coil and the turn right coil, no idea why as this machine was working before and the only thing I changed was the up solenoid, valve not coil, took it outside to set the pressures and the basket went fully up {empty} but did not want to come down again, pulled the down cable at the stairs and nothing happened, used the down switch and it did move but very slowly, took over 1/2 an hour to drop, will have a look at that tomorrow