Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie GTH-1056 boom hoses

AlexF ยท 2020-01-03 10:35

Thought this was going to be a normal boom hose job, I do them all the time, this time however one of the aux lines has managed to get itself bent around so it goes underneath the retract chain to the other side then back around under the chain again to it's proper side in kind of a 'U' shape, this has happened before but not nearly this bad usually I'll tie a rope around the hose in question and the carriage or boom itself and boom out, the hose'll just pop out from under the chain, but this is not the case. Anyone have some ideas or run into this situation and managed it without pulling the boom apart?

Replies4
  1. #1AlexF2020-01-03 10:47

    Here's a horrible picture to show what I'm looking at.

  2. #2AlexF2020-01-03 13:12

    In case anyone comes along with the same issue, I figured it out, I pulled the slide pads on the back side of the largest boom section, boomed all the way out and then picked up the boom section with a forklift, it releases the hose just enough that I could pull it out with a bit of effort. Hope this helps someone else down the line.

  3. #3skata2020-01-05 17:57

    Do you just have a hose made at a shop or do you order them from the manufacturer?

  4. #4AlexF2020-09-18 09:00

    Sorry for getting back to you so late skata, I always order the manufacturer hoses, if you get them made at your local hose shop they be as long as post stretch hoses which will end up being too long and cause complications down the line when the get stretched