Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie GTH-844 cranks but won’t start

pajibson ยท 2018-07-02 08:45

Deutz BF4M2012 engine. I have fuel at the front two injection pumps but nothing coming from the rear two. Genie manual is no help at all it simply says see engine manual. Haven't been able to find one yet. Anybody familiar with these engines and that EMR-2 governor set up? And is that actually a belt drive fuel pump on the front of this thing?

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-07-02 15:24

    If your pumping on 2 & not on other 2.. I'd have to say its the pumps.. OR your not supplying enough fuel to the back 2.?? Loosen the inlet lines on the back 2 & check to see if theres fuel squirting out, it should be a lot. If theres fuel there.. it has to be the pumps OR the lobes on the cam are toast/smashed..

  2. #2pajibson2018-07-02 16:40

    Pumpguy this engine is a real weird set up. No inlet lines. One tube to the block like a HUEI. Shut off solenoid is between the rear 2. It's not like the 1011 series engines or the Onan ones in the military generators. I was kind of wondering about a broken cam because I'm only getting fuel from the front 2. Waiting on a manual now

  3. #3thepumpguysc2018-07-02 16:48

    I THINK I've seen one?? & the lift pump is gear/belt driven.. I had 1 come in for a bad LP..

  4. #4pajibson2018-07-19 19:40

    Sorry for the delayed follow up. Customer called back and said he got it running. Said he put more fuel in it and primed it again and it ran.