We've got a Genie TZ50. at the end of the boom we have a extension which allows you to extend the basket a few more feet. When we raise this element the basket should move outward to maintain it's level position. This is not happening. The basket just follows the extension and does not move. Any ideas on what I should look at? I've also got a problem with the basket left right where both buttons (blue and yellow) turn the basket to the right. One is supposed to go right and the other is supposed to go left, they both go right. I find if I plug another button into the move left solonoid that it does in fact move back to the left so I'm guessing I have a wiring problem. Everything is connected under the basket control panel but I have not yet opened the lower control panel. Any help with these two functions would be appreciated. Thanks, Roveer
I played with the lift again tonight and I've found another problem. It seems there are 2 functions that will only move in one direction no matter whether I'm pressing the blue button or yellow button (up/down). These function are basket left/right - not boom, but basket) (both buttons move the basket in one direction. If I swap the connectors on the solenoids both buttons go in the other direction. The 2nd one is the basket tilt. Again, both buttons only go in one direction. Any ideas what would cause this? I looked in the lower control unit and it was nice, clean & dry with not a hint of a bad wire or connection. The upper box is not in as good shape. All wires connected, but some rust from moisture. Possible that it's the automotive relay's that are in the top box? Seems like there are 4 of them. Genie won't take tech support calls and I'm looking at costly repairs if I have to take it in. Roveer
Found the problem. 2 Bad 24v relay's inside the control box. Waiting on parts and I'll be back in business. About an hour's worth of my time and avoided a costly repair plus having to take the lift in.