Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie S-60

DemiGod ยท 2023-09-25 11:18

My genie goes in rabbit just for a moment then slows? I have verified boom stowed sensor. Swapped out the traction block and drive pump. Recalibrated joysticks and yet I have this problem. The problem began when I changed the alternator for a bad tach signal. Drive worked fine until I did this.

Replies2
  1. #1skata2023-09-26 19:54

    Did you disconnect battery when you did the alternator? I'd double check those wires. As sometimes there's additional ground wires attached to battery

  2. #2willie592023-09-27 21:10

    I could be wrong but I don't think the ignition start/run module has any connection to high drive speed. The tach signal to the module is how the module knows the engine is running, if you don't have a tach signal it will cause the engine to start/run for a few seconds and then it will die. You mentioned you "calibrated" the controller, does that mean your machine uses the ALC500 circuit board inside the platform box? If yes, I'd try swapping the drive controller with the boom/swing controller if they're both dual axis. Of course you'll have to calibrate both controllers again, but see if that makes the drive work proper.