Does anyone know where tach signal comes from on this machine? It starts, runs a few seconds then dies. Also the alternator stop charging. It has a Dutch engine (probably misspelled). Thanks!
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Deutz engine on those machines make use of a tach signal. But there are other things that would cause one of them to shut down after start, i.e., low oil pressure or problem in oil pressure circuit, problem with TR3 engine off delay timer, something causing the PR1 relay to not power up. That would also cause the alternator to not charge as it gets it's exciter signal from the PR1 relay. Before you proceed further, you need to verify the engine has oil pressure.
The tach signal comes from the alt. on these units. Check and might sure the belt is tighten on it. I have replace a few of them.