I have a Genie S40 with ser #6678. It's stopped steering either direction. Pressure good off hydraulic pump. If I take the steering manifold return line loose from where it connects to the main function manifold and let the fluid spray, it steers fine, its able to displace the back side of either cylinder. It's like something is blocked in the main function manifold preventing the return fluid from the steering cylinders from flowing back into the main function manifold and back to the reservoir. The other odd problem I have is that I have zero hydraulic flow from my steering manifold to the oscillation valve on my axle. None. I can't help but think the two issues are connected. Has anyone else that has working knowledge of this system shed some light on what might be happening or where a good place to start looking? Sterring valve and solenoids are brand new and functional. Both steering cylinders are rebuilt and good. Thanks in advance!
Strange one. For starters, have you downloaded the service manuals from genies website? Might have hydraulic schematics there. Is there hydraulic locking valves on the steer cylinder, or manifold? Could both sides of steer cylinder be engaging at same time? Electrical issue perhaps? Sorry can't be more help just throwing ideas at you.
Thank you. Ive been through the schematic and verified left and right not engaging at same time. Can remove the return pressure line from the steering manifold to the main function manifold and it will steer. Something restricting flow in main function manifold- I just dont know what it could be. Has to be a correlation to this and the fact i have no flow to the oscillation valve.