Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie s45 lrg425 efi question

OTGJON ยท 2023-02-21 10:45

I have a 2000 s45 with the ford gas efi engine. I'm not getting fuel to the fuel rail and I've discovered that there is a vacuum fuel valve? located on the fuel rail that is not working. I've search everywhere trying to find this part with no luck. Anyone know a part number etc? thanks jon

Replies9
  1. #1OTGJON2023-02-21 13:48

    here is a picture of the part...

  2. #2Acecadet2023-02-22 19:17

    That looks like a fuel pressure regulator to me.

  3. #3Acecadet2023-02-22 19:53

    The fuel pump is run by the engine control module. It will run the pump for 2 seconds at initial key on. It then needs a crank pulse signal to continue operating. I would place a test light at your pump and see if it is getting power. That pressure regulator is not going to keep the rail from getting fuel.

  4. #4OTGJON2023-02-28 11:23

    I'm actually getting fuel from the pump to this damper/regulator but Im getting fuel out the vacuum port of the part in question and the pressure on the fuel rail is sporadic and low. I believe the diaphragm in part could have a leak. the lift has been hard starting for a while but run fine. the part number is F87E-9F775-AC

  5. #5OTGJON2023-02-28 11:27

    looks that way to me as well but there is a 3 port fuel regulator that is located near the fuel pump and its widely available

  6. #6Zewnten2023-03-01 22:54

    Look at Genies website or call Ford and give them that number.

  7. #7OTGJON2023-03-02 13:39

    Thanks.. its not listed on the Genie website nor the ford website. I try calling ford and see.

  8. #8Zewnten2023-03-02 20:00

    https://partsbook.terex.com/awp/cat...71D0D4B35D85FC1E51CF9D83BACA1615B9954F5E07B7D go to the above link select your model and it should be there. Otherwise I've had decent luck with Ford getting the part or knowing what number it updates to so that I can cross with an aftermarket manufacturer.

  9. #9George232023-09-12 21:22

    Same here - a 2001 JLG600AJ LRG425 EFI with no start - no fuel pressure at rail - pump runs for 2 seconds and then power shuts off to pump - timing light shows spark when cranking so the crankshaft position sensor is working. Before no start, engine suddenly became hard starting, would start but belch blacksmoke and run not on all cylinders but then would clear up and run fine. If restarted would restart and run fine. If left sit, would be hard starting, and now, no start. Fuel pump does pump fuel and fuel does return to tank for 2 seconds so fuel pump and relay should be good. Replaced main three connector fuel pressure regulator, but now thinking maybe fuel pump or something else (2ndry fuel pressure regulator as fingered above or maybe timing belt slipped) Thanks in advance for any ideas!