Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

GENIE S45 SELF LEVELING WON’T STAY BLED

ScottP ยท 2019-11-15 14:46

Hello thanks in advance to anyone that helps or at least sheds light on subject many thanks indeed! I have a genie S45 when you bleed (Purge)the air from self leveling circuit after a week or so the basket will not self level.. Bleed the air is re fine another week or so then no self level again so on so forth... Where can air be getting into the closed circuit at? Manual level up and down both work correctly

Replies7
  1. #1Mikefromcny2019-11-15 22:11

    How old is the lift?

  2. #2ScottP2019-11-15 22:22
  3. #3Mikefromcny2019-11-16 09:18

    How are you bleeding the air from the circuit? Most the genies I see that won't auto level the basket are due to bad counter balance valves in the main control valve.

  4. #4ScottP2019-11-16 12:46

    Yes I agree..I havnt replaced the CBV's but have cleaned,resealed,etc etc..(w/ reseal kit directly from genie).. To bleed I raise boom all the way up until lift cylinder dead heads then cycle the platform level function all the way up then all way down for 2 complete cycles.. All this is down with aux power engine not running

  5. #5ScottP2019-12-03 17:45

    all this done with aux power..typo..apologies

  6. #6ScottP2020-08-03 21:15

    ENDED UP REPACKING MASTER CYLINDER AND SLAVE CYLINDER AT SAME TIME AND FIXED ISSUE SO NOT SURE WHICH ONE FIXED IT BUT OLD PACKING FROM MASTER CYL LOOKED LIKE IT WAS FAILING

  7. #7240 Gordy2024-04-24 18:20

    Dealing with an S40 with the same issue as yours Scott. This was helpful information to read, appreciate you posting about this as well as the help of Mikefromcny.