I have a Genie S60X that seems to stall when you move the machine. All works well when stationary, but if you move the machine, it starts blowing black smoke from the exhaust and sometimes dies out. If you are stationary all is good. Any ideas? I think maybe something in the regulating diesel from the pump.
Hi, how long have you been using your Genie S60X boom lift and do you perform regular maintenance on a timely basis? I have been using a Genie Z-60/37FE Articulating Boom Lift for the last seven years for construction works. Regular maintenance is essential for these large machines as they need lubricant in certain areas and you need to tighten up specific belts and chains . I think the stall issue with the machine is just because the diesel pumping towards the piston was not working well. My guess is proper cleaning and adding filters to the pumping pipe can prevent the stall issue.
I bought it used. I do perform regular service on it. It does not stall when using any of the boom functions. It only stalls when you drive it. Lots of black diesel smoke and lower rpms. A dealer told me to check each of the drive pumps.