Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

genie s80 s8003-35xx

Adamjolt8813 ยท 2024-06-15 09:51

Hello all, looking for help on a genie boom lift. I am having problems with several things, but only sometimes, which makes it very hard to troubleshoot. Item #1, from the base it will start with no issue, but from the basket it will start, run for maybe 1 second, then shut down. The other problem I am having is it will work fine sometimes, but every so often it will stop working, the only function that will work at the base is to lower. If i shut off the engine and operate it as if it was running at the base, I can hear the solenoids clicking, some are not as strong as others but I can still hear them. I am planning on checking the voltage at those solenoids to see if they are not getting enough voltage to operate. The level alarm goes off, I have tried bypassing the level sensor that is at the base, right next to the hydraulic tank, I put a screwdriver in the bottom to make it think it is level, the alarm goes off of course when I do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Adam

Replies0

No replies yet.