Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie TMZ 34/19 cable routing question

Engineer44 · 2019-08-21 13:12

Got a cable routing question. I know, I know, I’m kicking myself for not taking a picture beforehand. Hopefully I can describe it and someone with a TMZ can take a look. Cabling runs along the underside of the upper aluminum jib boom, from the platform mount back towards the primary boom and etc. Heading in the direction away from the platform, when the cabling exits the underside of this aluminum jib does it then pass OVER or UNDER the jib pivot pin? It then passes through a large three or four inch grommet and immediately over the top of the top primary boom pivot pin. It’s a congested twisty route. I’d like to get it the way the factory intended to minimize the stress on the cables when the booms move. In case you’re wondering, I had that knuckle off the machine to clean it and paint it and time passed and yup, I should have taken a pic or scribbled a drawing. Thanks.

Replies0

No replies yet.