Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie TMZ 34/19 manual leveling issue

fixitman ยท 2014-05-09 18:47

I've recently bought a 1999 Genie TMZ 34/19. It is the manual leveling type. I am having trouble with the left front outrigger. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to "read" level, even when the level bubble is perfectly centered. Of course, the controls won't function if the machine thinks it isn't level. The one time I did get it to work, it suddenly became "unlevel" with the bucket in the air. It's only the left front, the others are fine. What could cause this? I posted my issue last night, and haven't gotten any response. I've recently bought a 1999 Genie TMZ 34/19. It is the manual leveling type. I am having trouble with the left front outrigger. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to "read" level, even when the level bubble is perfectly centered. Of course, the controls won't function if the machine thinks it isn't level. The one time I did get it to work, it suddenly became "unlevel" with the bucket in the air. It's only the left front, the others are fine. What could cause this? If it's something simple, I would like to fix it myself. If it's major, I'll need to find a shop that will work on it. I have no idea if this is an easy fix or not. Any ideas are much appreciated! Is there an easy way to test them, explained in layman's terms? I haven't had this machine long, and obviously have never worked on it. Thank you! Rather than have two thread on the exact same question, I merged the original un-replied-to post into this one. digger242j

Replies3
  1. #1barklee2014-05-10 22:34

    I have no idea how to fix your problem but this is a good place to start. http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Part.../data/Service/Towed Aerial Lifts/IO/52075.pdf

  2. #2ANDREW C2014-05-10 22:37

    You need to test the outrigger switches, Ive had them stick or outright fail.

  3. #3Kayode2014-05-18 15:29

    I believe you can check the operating switch connector for contact problem first, secondly, the limit switch on the outriggers for positioning signal.