I've got a TZ50 that has 2 functions that will only go in one direct. These are: Basket left/right (not boom, but basket). If I swap the solenoid connectors it will go in the opposite direction Basket Tilt (Again, only one direction no matter yellow or blue) Any sense as to what is causing this? Lower control box is clean and tight, upper control box has some rust due to moisture but no lose wires. Don't really have a local dealer what knows much about these and was looking to avoid costly "guessing" Thanks, Roveer
You swapped the connection or the solenoid? If it was the connection it's a wiring issue. If it's the solenoid, you have a bad solenoid.
I swapped the connectors. The solenoids and hydraulics appear to work just fine on all of these functions. This appears to be a wiring problem. So the lower control box is clean dry and does not appear to have any bad connections. The upper control box has rust evidence of moisture (dry now) and no bad connections that I can see. If I had to take a guess I'd say my problem is probably in the upper control box. A quick look last night gave me the following (will have to study more when I have the time, this weekend possibly). Looks like the two functions might share the same ground or possibly wire path or possibly same relay I will have to study more. Someone replied to an older post saying it's possible that I've lost a ground. If these functions share a ground maybe that's why I'm having trouble with both. Will start looking very closely at that. Any chance it's the automotive relay's? Looks like there's 4 of them in the upper control box, but I also see one on the end of a wire bundle outside the lower control box. That one looks exposed to the elements. Not sure why. Any help with things I should consider or try would be helpful. Again, hydraulics and solenoids all seem fine, I'm concentrating on wiring at this point. Thanks, Roveer
Found the problem. 2 Bad 24v relay's inside the control box. Waiting on parts and I'll be back in business. About an hour's worth of my time and avoided a costly repair plus having to take the lift in.