Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z-45/25J A few things to fix

LawnDart ยท 2018-08-24 19:32

I just picked up a 2000 Z-45/25J. There are a few things I want to address first and could use some advice. First, the Primary Boom up/down - Turntable Rotate is super sloppy, and the up down cam fell off and it feels like return to center mechanism is missing or worn out. I was able to put the cam back in but I don't see a positive way to hold it in. I plan to replace the whole joy stick. Where is a good online source of parts? Second, I want to check that the limit switches are properly set. Should I attempt this myself? I need to replace some gaskets on the engine. It also needs a new muffler It's leaking some oil from the cam cover and possibly a few others. Another candidate for a good online source of parts.

Replies1
  1. #1LawnDart2018-08-25 15:46

    It's going better than I thought. Found the correct parts manual for my serial number. Located the complete joystick for a decent price on Ebay, Muffler from Trupar. Just need to track down gaskets, check the limit switches and I should be good.