Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z-45, NO rabbit mode

John E ยท 2015-10-22 12:54

First post here, I live in Fairbanks AK. and hope someone can help..... 2003, Deutz powered #21905, Genie Z-45. Will not go into rabbit mode from either the basket or the machine panel. Working from the machine panel, the switch works, the resistor appears ok, the relay clicks and I tried another relay. However we are not getting any current to the solenoid that operates the governor??? The plan is to bypass the loom and see if I can make the solenoid work, assume its a damaged wire somewhere or connection.... This particular machine has low hours and is in good shape so would be surprised to have a damaged wire in the loom. This machine has a lot of relays and sensors, starting with the basics, perhaps I am missing something..... Thanks, John

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2015-10-22 13:20

    If you don't have the manual I think this is it: http://manuals.gogenielift.com/Parts And Service Manuals/data/Service/Z Booms/IO/32960.pdf

  2. #2John E2015-10-22 13:45

    Ok Thanks, when in doubt read the book.....! Looks like a pretty thorough manual.

  3. #3Daren2015-10-22 20:56

    have the engine running. take out your high rpm relay and see if you have power of terminal 30 of the relay which is ignition power from terminal 21 on the terminal strip. if you do try swapping the relay with another one. then after that then its checking the blk/red wire from the relay to the solenoid