Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie z25/45 Basket Rotation Stuck

MitchellR ยท 2022-12-12 09:52

Hello, I'm working on a Genie z25/45. When using the basket rotation switch, sometimes the basket would rotate all the way to the right, and I then would not be able to rotate it back to the left at all. Every now and again I would start it and it would almost magically move back to the left if I tried it. Then the next time It wouldn't work again. This is an issue from the basket as well as from the ground controls. I can see the hoses flex with pressure when I work the switch. I figured it was an issue with the counterbalance valves on the rotator at the basket, so I installed new ones. It did not make a difference. Any ideas? Does not seem to be electrical since I'm getting good response from the motor bog and flex of the hoses.

Replies2
  1. #1tyreltyrel2022-12-18 13:49

    It might be the solenoid or valve at the jib/platform rotator manifold. Does the jib up/down function work? Genie does provide manuals for free on their website. I advise that you take them with a grain of salt and apply your own logic. The manuals are mostly, but not always correct or have the information you might need.

  2. #2MitchellR2023-01-05 12:04

    In case anyone else comes across this, both counter balance valves were plugged with crap, as well as 2 orings were broken in the stem up near the controls on the machine.