Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie z30/20n

Gwes ยท 2013-12-10 14:51

Hi. I am having difficulties with a genie z30 . The problem is that I have no boom lift on primary or secondary boom from the platform controls. Every other function is working perfectly including the creep . I also have no indication of battery charge as the gauge is inop. When plugged in and left the charger amps fall down to zero after a few hours. Everything works as it should from the ground controls. I should mention that the booms can be lowered from the basket if they have been raised from ground controls. During up and down boom movements I am getting around 1500 psi. When trying to lift from basket the gauge is reading 3000psi. At test point ground control side. It sounds strained as if it's trying to lift. Surely a sticking valve would mean both control stations would be in op. There is a flashing light next to tilt alarm when key switch is turned to basket, nothing flashing when turned to ground. Battery quick connections on eith side good. I checked all connections on underside of basket box and cleaned out with contact spray. Pins look okay. Anyone with any pointers , where to go now ? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Daren2013-12-14 18:18

    it sounds like you have an LVI/BCI option on your machine. If you open your platform box look and see if you have an aluminum box with two knobs and says Curtis on it, or see if the back of your battery gauge has a 8 pin plug on it. The LVI/BCI is a low voltage interrupt/battery charge indicator. If the module thinks that the battery voltage is too then it wont close the relay in your platform box and makes it so you lose your primary and secondary functions

  2. #2Gary Naeve2014-11-11 12:07

    Darren-I am no help to you on your issue, but was wondering what year your 30/20Z Genie Boom is.? I have a 1985 and am looking for a part that is no longer available through Genie or any of its' dealers. Thought maybe you still have your lift and it is in the boneyard and could be used for parts..... Please advise.