Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie Z34/22N Cylinder Bore and Rod Diameters

Nation ยท 2016-02-17 10:45

I am attempting to model the dynamics of a Genie Z34/22N boom lift for a personal project of mine. In order to do that however, I need to know the max speeds that each cylinder of the boom can run at. I know the max GPM of this boom is 3.5 GPM, and with that and a cylinder bore diameter I can calculate the max velocity that each cylinder can generate. That's where I am stuck. Since I don't have a boom readily available, and the information I am looking for is not online anywhere as far as I can tell, I come to you guys for help. Would you guys be able to tell me the rod and bore diameters of the cylinders on this boom? They don't have to be exact, as I am currently in the rough calculation phase. I am mainly interested in the secondary boom cylinder, the upper pivot cylinder, and the extension boom cylinder.

Replies3
  1. #1OFF2016-02-22 10:30

    On a Z30/20N the main boom is a 2-1/2" cylinder with a 1-1/2" rod. The tower boom (secondary) is a 2" cylinder with a 1/1/2" rod. The telescope (extension) cylinder is also a 2" cylinder with a 1-1/2" rod.

  2. #2Delmer2016-02-22 15:01

    There you go. Don't forget that Max GPM is theoretical, so calculating the maximum speed each cylinder can achieve will also be theoretical. The pump will slow down somewhat under load. Don't know if this matters to your project or not?

  3. #3lantraxco2016-02-22 15:17

    Not only that but pumps are never 100% efficient, so you will lose from 5 to 15% depending on the pump type and load, more if the pump and valves are worn.