Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie z34/22n tires

mred · 2020-08-25 17:27

I have an older genie z34/22n with the solid tires. Can I replace the tires on it with air filled or foam filled tires for a genie z34/22. Both lifts have almost the same specs and every part number that I checked for the drive train is the same. I think the biggest item is that it would put it a little more off the ground and may make it a little wider. I use this lift outside only on the dirt. The solid tires make it very hard to move at times due to traction. The current tires are going to have to be replaced. They are starting to come apart.

Replies1
  1. #1Txhayseed2020-09-24 00:13

    I would not do it stick with solid tires. It’s not designed to be a ruff terrain boom. It’s a slab boom. I would not change any part on any piece of Ariel equipment with out it beeing a factory option from the start. Liability is already 100% on you once someone gets into the basket. Ariel equipment is a sure fire way to get sued and osha all up In your life if someone was to get hurt. We literally had a guy back a sky track into a scissor lift with a guy in it. Wasn’t the machines fault he tipped over but we got named in the suite. They requested all maintenance logs for the machine since new and the machine had to set idle for about 8 months till it was all over. Imagine if it had the wrong tires on it. Why did he fall over ? Well wrong tires of course.