Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Genie z45/25 won’t rabbit

shaker · 2018-10-22 12:08

Hello, I have an 02 z45/25 with the ford dual fuel power that will not rabbit. When it starts it will run at a higher rpm and when the pedal is pressed it will idle down and stay there. I have checked LS1-4 found loose connections and checked terminal 6 on the horsepower board all checked ok no shorts meter read 1.6 ohms. Checked for codes showed a 12 low tps voltage removed the throttle body cleaned it up opened up and checked the wipes on the board, no wear was replaced in 2010 (by the date inside the cover). Then yesterday I was out playing with it ran the boom up and back down and bottomed out the hydraulics and and it went into rabbit, I also tried it with the boom extension same result when it was bottomed out it went in to rabbit. So I am thinking that the low tps voltage is not the cause of the problem. Is there a pressure switch that could be the cause of the problem? Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1shaker2018-10-22 13:42

    I miss spoke it's the engine that will not go into high speed

  2. #2Geoff Lott2018-11-10 21:43

    You just answered your own question ....if you moved the boom up and back down and it went into rabbit at least once...then lift boom and go to rear of boom and check your limit switch at rear of boom...there is also one for fly in and out...if you have one that is sticking or not good it will remain in turtle because machine thinks it’s out of transport

  3. #3shaker2018-11-11 01:20

    Thanks for the reply, I thought of that but after playing around I found if you take the platform and rotate it to "bottom out the hydraulics" so the bypass will open then it will go into high idle or rabbit. Is there any sort of a pressure switch that can cause this? but I have ordered new contacts for the LS switches just to make sure. Thanks